USTA Flex Leagues
What are Singles/Doubles Flex Leagues? They’re the ultimate in flexibility for players. One person equals one
“team” for singles and two persons equals a “team” for doubles and players play against the same gender and at their NTRP level. Players simply register for the flex league on TennisLink and then schedule their own matches. Players can call or
e-mail their opponent and then agree on a place and time to play. Matches are best of three sets with a match
tiebreak for the third set. Best of all, it’s all about the fun! No concerns over ratings, there’s no advancement to a Sectional
Championship and you get the opportunity to play against new players. I will let you know in the middle of June when everything is set up in tennislink and when you can start making phone calls/emails to start setting up your own matches.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ANYONE THAT YOU THINK WOULD BE INTERESTED IN THE SUMMER Singles or Doubles FLEX LEAGUES.
REGISTRATION IS NOW OPENto anyone interested in signing up for the USTA Singles and/or Doubles Summer Flex Leagues (this is a non-advancing league and does NOT affect your rating). There will be BOTH singles and doubles this summer 2015. This is a very relaxed, fun, social league that you are able to schedule your own matches on your own terms.
- Registration deadline is 6/14/15
- Season runs from 7/1-9/13/15
I have added the 5.0 level for women due to numerous requests. Please spread the word that this is new this summer and hopefully if you spread the news to your fellow 5.0 players, it will take this summer.
If you would like to sign up for this, here are instructions to help you self-register:
- Click this link above – be sure that you are LOGGED INwith your Email Address or USTA Membership # and Password
- Under “My Quick Links” select Online Team Creation
- Create a team, you just follow the prompts for the Pacific Northwest section, we are Northwest Washington
- Select a league – Singles or Doubles Flex
- Select the flight that you want to play in
- Write your team name, it can simply be your last name
- Once you hit Create Team, it will take you to the registration page
- Once you pay, it will show up in tennislink for all to see
If you should have any further questions regarding signing up, please feel free to contact.
Jill Borgida | USTA/PNW – Area League Coordinator | NW Washington