Adult Tennis Lessons in Mountlake Terrace
- About USTA rated programs
- Adult High Performance
- Doubles Tactics
- Kingco Team Practice
- Live Ball
- Red Zone
- Serve & Return
- Tennis 101
About USTA rated programs
- At Basha Tennis, we prioritize having balanced classes where every player can feel confident and comfortable in their environment. This means that our programs will sometimes have a USTA rating in the title to help guide players in choosing their programs. These are the USTA rating descriptions which can help guide you to the correct level.
- 2.0 – 2.5: The players still need more experience with on-court playing but are able to sustain a slow-to-moderately paced rally with other players of the same level. The players will need more work, fine tuning each tennis stroke and positioning on the court during single or doubles play.
- 3.0: Players are consistent in rallying with moderately-paced shots, but aren’t able to confidently control their power, depth, or direction of the ball.
- 3.5: Players are able to control their hits better, as well as diversify the variety of play on court by improving net play and court coverage.
- 4.0: The players are able to hit both forehand and backhands dependably and have the ability to perform lob, overheads, approaching shots, and volleys with some success.
- 4.5: The players have learned how to incorporate power and spin into their shots with proper footwork. These players are able to develop unique tactics for different opponents. First serves are accurate and powerful and rushing to the net are successful.
- 5.0: These players frequently do an outstanding job in shot anticipation, volleys, lobs, drop shots, overhead smashes, and serves.
Adult High Performance
This program is designed for players who are looking to play more in a competitive setting, to recognize and utilize tactics and formations in singles or doubles match play. Coaches will make sure that players strengthen their weak areas to help improve overall play.
Each session, coaches will highlight a tactic/style of play, when to use it, and how to play against that style. For example, for teams that like to poach a lot; coaches will suggest using a lob to neutralize their effectiveness. This program is all about playing points in live situations. Each session will start with a warm up feeding drill for the basic strokes. Then, coaches will focus on a specific stroke to different areas of the court with a short technical breakdown and a reinforcement drill. The majority of the session will be point-play situations focusing around the shot of the day. Each program will vary depending on the targeted USTA rating.
Kingco Team Practice
This is an open practice for ladies with a USTA rating of 4.5+. KingCo Cup is a tennis league of female players for the Seattle Area Cup Tennis (SACT) League. Players who wish to join the league or just practice along with other competitive females are welcome to join in on the KingCo Cup Practices. This is open to players on any Kingo team.
- This program focuses on live point plays in doubles teams, improving rallying, teamwork skills, and learning how to play against different opponents. This program is ideal for those who want to play in live-ball situations, aren’t entirely confident in playing in a match, or just looking for some fun rallying with others.
- If you’re unfamiliar with live ball, this are how the game works:
- Setup: Coaches will divide the players and choose two “champions” of the court, which will stay on the feeding side of the court. The rest of the “opponents” will stay on the other side of the net, forming a line at the back wall. The first two players in line will position themselves in default doubles positioning. Rotations will happen throughout the game, with the “opponents” team. Net players going to the back of the line, baseline players going to the net, and the first players in line going to the baseline.
- Playing: The players at the baseline will hit a groundstroke from the coach. Players on court will then play out the point. If the “opponents” win the point, then the coach will feed the next shot to the players at the net for a volley. Finally, the last ball from the coach will be for the players at the baseline for an overhead shot. After 3 consecutive points, the “opponents” on court will become the new “champions” and the old champions will go to the back of the line, and the new “opponents” will be the two players in the front of the line. If the “champions” win any point, the “opponents” will rotate.
This program is focused on net play, either properly executing volleys, or scoring points at the net. Coaches will use different drills to help build players’ confidence in running up to the net and explain what net strategies are helpful during match play.
Serve & Return
Players will learn how to control their aim with their serves, by hitting 6 different serving targets. Coaches will also teach how to hit serves with spins, and explain how to use them. Players will receive individualized critiques to implement into their technique. This program will also give players the luxury of receiving live serves from players with different techniques. Players will learn tactical shot selection, learning when to lob, chip, or drive their returns based off of their opponent’s performance.
Adult Tennis 101
Players with little to no tennis experience, and with a goal of learning how to play tennis. Every month we will develop the basic technique for each stroke; forehand, backhand, volley, overhead, serve and return. These sessions will utilize repetition training, teamwork challenges and cooperative point play in a positive yet encouraging environment. Players will learn basic tennis match etiquette, rules, and format. During the sessions we will include hand eye coordination and balance activities to help develop general athleticism.
About Basha Tennis
Our goal is to help you become the kind of tennis player you want to be. We want to know what your specific tennis goals are and how we can best help you accomplish them.
Our Coaching Philosophy
Tennis is highly complex and demanding, requiring its athletes to bring an elite level of athleticism, intelligence, fitness, and mental discipline in order to be competitive at the upper echelons of the sport.
It is our goal to inspire an ethic of hard work and intensity and a passion for the sport, within which we intentionally guide each player to develop an understanding of how to capitalize on their unique strengths while also edifying their weaknesses.
We teach our players how to analyze a situation and select correct strategic choices, as well as how to execute under pressure.
As strategy, technical ability, mental toughness, and fitness all go hand in hand, we plan to incorporate a blend of drilling, situational point play, and supervised set and tournament play to develop versatile players that can withstand the rigors of competition.
It is here that we equip our players with the physical and mental tools necessary to handle the adversity they face every time they step out onto the court.
Key Components of Our High Performance Program
Player / Coach Ratio
If we cancel a session for any reason, we provide a make-up.
Video: The Basha Tennis Instructional Process
See What Students & Parents Are Saying
Josh is one of the best tennis coaches I've ever trained with. Rarely can a coach train students with a combination of drive, patience and kindness and Josh has perfected this.
My two children have been taking lessons with Basha at Forrest Crest for six months and recently shared that they learn a lot more and have more fun here than at the “other” tennis center.
This tennis facility is simply the best. Be warned, there are no frills here. The courts are not heated so they are chilly. Change rooms are simple and plain. It’s all about the tennis here.
Location & Hours
Sun: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Mon: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tue: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Wed: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Thu: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Fri: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Interested in learning more about our youth, adult, group, private tennis programs, or stringing services? If so, send us a message and we'll respond as soon as we can.
Get the App & Book Your Court Anywhere!
“Tennis is mostly mental. You win or lose the match before you even go out there.”
– Venus Williams